Our 2007 tree. This year's is quite chatty. Image via Wikipedia.
- NYSE stokes battle for “mom and pop” investors -- Reuters
- Options volume up for 9th straight year, driven by new ‘weeklies’ – Traders
- NYSE Liffe to extend grains futures trading by a year – Reuters
- Williams Controls moves to NYSE Amex from Nasdaq – Williams Controls, Portland Business Journal
- U.S. offers escape route for European IPO hopefuls – Reuters
- The axe starts to fall on trading jobs -- FT, Bloomberg
- Brussels backs off automated-trades plan – FT
- More CEOs find Japan important – Japan Times
- Scenes from a trading floor - AP, AP
Elsewhere on the Exchanges blog:
And to close this out on a happy note: Christmas trees lighting up around Manhattan – CBS New York And NYSE Euronext’s tree is tweeting!