- Growth of orders sent to sales desks outstrips that sent to automated systems and dark pools since 2007 – FT Tougher markets mean more reliance on traders over machines.
- TC Pipelines to move to NYSE from Nasdaq – TC Pipelines
- Scenes from a trading floor – AP, Andrew Burton, AP, Reuters, AP, Reuters,
- Assessing the financial literacy of 15-year-old students in 18 countries – Annamaria Lusardi
- South African social entrepreneur takes top spot at Global Student Entrepreneur Awards - GSEA
- MTVu’s Movers and Changers event rocks NYSE – Under 30 CEO
- Venture capitalist Fred Wilson on the importance of good writing – A VC
Elsewhere on the Exchanges blog:
Today’s History – This date in 1963 remains painful to remember; NYSE halted trading at 2:07 p.m. on the news that President John F. Kennedy had been assassinated.
Your humble blogger is taking some time off the rest of the week, to humbly give thanks and humbly beseech the turkey gods not to burn me to a crisp for frying up one of their brethren. I wish a happy Thanksgiving to all. Thursday morning on Twitter, I plan to post 10 tweets about things I'm thankful for, under the hashtag #Thanksgiving. Join me?