Opening and Closing Bell on Wall Street
Operation HOPE visited the NYSE to highlight the 2011 HOPE New York Financial Literacy Forum, The Rebirth of America, Post Economic Crisis. In honor of the occasion, Lance Triggs, Executive Vice President of Operation HOPE, Inc. joined by Celie Niehaus, Senior Vice President of E*TRADE FINANCIAL Corp. and Michael Smith, President of New York Bankers Association rang The Closing BellSM.
Forum participants include:
• Duncan Niederauer, Chief Executive Officer, NYSE Euronext;
• Michael P. Smith, President and CEO, New York Bankers Association;
• John Hope Bryant Founder, Chairman and CEO, Operation HOPE, Inc.;
• Maria Bartiromo, CNBC Anchor, Moderator
• The Honorable Donald Graves, Executive Director, President's Council on Jobs and Competitiveness, The White House, Deputy Assistant Secretary, U.S. Department of the Treasury (Luncheon Keynote Speaker);
• Steve Bartlett, CEO The Financial Services Roundtable;
• Tim Wennes, Vice Chairman, Union Bank;
• Steven Freiberg, CEO, E*TRADE Financial;
• Ambassador Andrew Young, HOPE Global Spokesman;
• Katherine Busser, EVP, Bank Operations and Enterprise Payments;
• Jim Clifton, Chairman and CEO Gallup, Inc.;
• Pravina Raghavan, District Director, New York SBA;
• Krishna Guha, Executive Vice President for Communications, Federal Reserve Bank of New York;
• Michelle Greene, Vice President, Head of Corporate Responsibility, Executive Director of NYSE Foundation, NYSE Euronext and
• Noah J. Hanft, General Counsel, Corporate Secretary, Chief Franchise Integrity Officer MasterCard Worldwide.
About 2011 HOPE Financial Literacy Forum in New York
The 2011 HOPE Financial Literacy Forum in New York will frame the issue of financial literacy, possibly for the first time, not as a soft and ancillary economic tool, nor as an option, but as an essential, core ingredient to mid-to-long-term economic recovery and stability.
This historic forum will bring together leaders from the public and private sector--from finance, business, government and academia--to address the future of the financial industry and the effect on under-served communities.
The event will be hosted at the Trading floor of the NYSE Euronext, kicking-off on July 20 with an evening reception and culminating in a day-long conference on July 21.
Forum speakers will discuss the “Rebirth of America, Post Economic Crisis” as it relates to making the business case for financial literacy, the future of the Financial Services Industry and the effect on underserved communities, post economic crisis.