Executives from Minneapolis-based U.S. Bancorp (U.S. Bank) will visit the New York Stock Exchange on Friday, July 12 to mark the company’s 150th anniversary of founding.
U.S. Bancorp Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer Richard K. Davis and Chief Financial Officer Andy Cecere will join 10 employees from across the bank as well as members of U.S. Bancorp’s senior management team to ring The Closing Bell in celebration of the bank’s milestone.
U.S. Bank’s national charter, which is based in Cincinnati, was signed during Abraham Lincoln’s presidency 150 years ago on July 13, 1863, while the Civil War raged across the Ohio River. Since then, U.S. Bank has not only survived, but thrived and today is the fifth-largest commercial bank in the United States. (see graph below)
Among those joining Davis on July 12 will be two of the bank’s longest-serving employees and four employees who also serve in the military. They are:
• Gwyn Holland – The bank’s longest serving employee, is a teller from Decherd, Tenn. who joined the company 60 years ago.
• Marilyn Herbster – U.S. Bank’s second-longest tenured employee, works in the Technology and Operations group in Portland, Ore. She has served the company for 56 years.
• Jared Belkey – a project manager in the bank’s Small Business Banking group in the Twin Cities who joined U.S. Bank 15 years ago. Belkey is also a member of the U.S. Army National Guard and has been deployed three times -to Iraq, Afghanistan and Kuwait.
• Tyler Birman -- a 10-year veteran of the bank and a member of the Oregon Air National Guard who served in the Middle East. Birman works for U.S. Bank in Portland, Ore.
• Erin Cochran – a securities specialist in the bank’s Trust Technology & Support group in St. Paul who joined the bank nine years ago. Cochran is also a member of the U.S. Army National Guard.
• Nick Safford – a trainee in the bank’s Military Leadership Development Program who joined the company a year ago and is a member of the U.S. Army Reserves.
To celebrate its 150th anniversary this year, U.S. Bank is giving away prizes all summer to people who share on the bank’s Facebook page what they are celebrating in 2013. Each week, a winner will be randomly drawn for a $150 VISA® Rewards Card. On August 14, U.S. Bank will hold a random drawing for the grand prize of $15,000.
About U.S. Bank
U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB), with $355 billion in assets as of March 31, 2013, is the parent company of U.S. Bank National Association, the 5th largest commercial bank in the United States. The Company operates 3,080 banking offices in 25 states and 5,056 ATMs and provides a comprehensive line of banking, brokerage, insurance, investment, mortgage, trust and payment services products to consumers, businesses and institutions. Visit U.S. Bancorp on the web at usbank.com. (Source: U.S. Bancorp)