Opening and Closing Bell on Wall Street
Startup America Partnership, the national effort dedicated to helping startups grow and jumpstart job creation throughout the country, visits the NYSE to mark the first anniversary of the organization on Jan. 31. In honor of the occasion, Eight Startup America Firms ring The Opening BellSM to kick off the trading day, joined by Steve Case, Chairman of Startup America and Scott Case, CEO of Startup America. The startups include:
• ArtVenue, changes the game for artists by making it simple to book shows in local businesses.
• Combat 2 Career, a web-based service to assist military members and veterans in the pursuit of higher education and the transition to civilian careers.
• Daily Muse, a rapidly growing community of women who believe that kicking ass and taking names is all part of the job.
• Fenugreen, addresses the massive global challenge of food waste w/an inexpensive, all-natural, sustainable technology that keeps food fresh for 2-4x longer.
• Hiccupop, lollipops that stop hiccups in seconds by combining a proprietary blend of all-natural ingredients into a specific lollipop form.
• Kohort, the ultimate solution for group organizers. Currently in beta, Kohort helps groups succeed.
• Samanta Shoes, creates life changing experiences for women who have trouble finding stylish shoes with comfort in their size.
• Tutapoint, expert online tutoring in math, science and foreign languages.
Watch a live webcast of The Opening Bell at 9:29 a.m. ET on January 30, 2012. The archive will be available shortly after the event.
The NYSE bell ringing is one of many events highlighting Startup America’s anniversary, each celebrating and focusing on entrepreneurs. On Tuesday, fourteen events taking place in Startup regions across the country will bring together over 3,000 entrepreneurs to celebrate entrepreneurship and work together to help more people start and grow new companies. Event details are available at: http://www.startupamericapartnership.org/startup-regions/startup-america-anniversary-events.
Startup America First Year Major Accomplishments:
• Secured over $1.2 Billion in private sector commitments from more than 50 partners to provide valuable resources to young companies with high growth potential. Complete list of Partners here: http://www.startupamericapartnership.org/partners/current-programs)
• Convened the entire entrepreneurial community in 17 states and launched Startup America Region Initiatives in each of them. Complete list and links to all regions here: http://www.startupamericapartnership.org/startup-regions
• Supported thousands of startups through the Startup America platform with resources, connections, programming and unique opportunities. Brought the national spotlight to many startups through unique celebratory events and opportunities. Additional details on the portfolio of Startup America firms available on request.
• Convened a board of iconic entrepreneurs. Full board list: http://www.startupamericapartnership.org/about/founding-board
(Source: Startup America)
About the Startup America Partnership
The Startup America Partnership was launched at the White House in response to President Obama’s call to celebrate, inspire, and accelerate high-growth entrepreneurship throughout the nation. The Partnership is bringing together an alliance of major corporations, funders, service providers, mentors and advisors working to dramatically increase the prevalence and success of high-growth enterprises in the U.S. AOL co-founder Steve Case chairs the Partnership and the Kauffman and Case Foundations are founding partners. American Express OPEN, Dell Inc., Intuit Inc., and Microsoft are sponsors. The Partnership will identify measure and report on the effectiveness of cross-sector collaboration in support of entrepreneurial ventures and its effect on job creation and growth.For more information on the Partnership, visit www.startupamericapartnership.org and follow at www.twitter.com/startupamerica and www.facebook.com/startupamerica.