1. Have you looked lately at the reports coming from my RMCs (relationship-management colleagues) on NYSE Amex’s trading of Nasdaq-listed issues?
If you answered “no” to question 1, please proceed to 2:
2. Want to know how to save money and get quality order execution in top Nasdaq names?
Here's how; please consider the following:
- For the week of 13-17 December, the NYSE Amex quote matched the national best bid or offer (NBBO) more than 90 percent of the time in Brocade, Dell, Micron, Cisco, Intel and the Q’s.
- For the same period, there were 128 securities where NYSE Amex was at the NBBO more than 50% of the time.
- Here are the NYSE Amex’s top Nasdaq issues with the percentage of time that NYSE Amex matched the NBBO:
BRCD -- 96.7%
DELL – 95.1
MU -- 94.9
CSCO – 93.1
INTC – 90.9
QQQQ – 90.5
- For the same week, there were 58 Nasdaq stocks that had market share of more than 3 percent on NYSE Amex, and three stocks with more than 5 percent market share.
- NYSE Amex’s most actively traded Nasdaq stocks for the week, by NYSE Amex market share:
LBTYK – 13.8%
JACK – 11.4
APAC – 5.6
BWLD – 4.8
DISCA – 4.7
- We’re talking some volume here. Average daily trading volume in Nasdaq names on NYSE Amex that week was 14.4 million shares. Trading in DELL was 1.2 million shares a day on NYSE Amex.
- There’s also size at the inside. During that week, average size at the inside in NYSE Amex’s trading of Nasdaq names was 129.1 million shares.
- The Nasdaq issues with greatest size at the inside that week (and their inside size in number of shares) were:
DELL – 4,117
NOVL – 2,293
CSCO – 1,936
MU – 1,623
- But wait, there’s more: As of 1 December, NYSE Amex reduced the displayed liquidity requirement for the block rebate of $0.0036 per share in Nasdaq securities to all clients that display large liquidity. The block rebate is now paid to orders that provide liquidity and originally display a minimum of 2,000 shares in stocks priced at least $5.00 per share, down from 5,000 shares previously required.
Those are the highlights. But please feel free to look under the hood yourself; here’s the complete weekly report.