- It’s a Rule 48 morning on NYSE, on the upside – NYX
- NYSE Euronext announces stock buy-back plan - NYX
- Marriott to spin off time-share business – AP/Money Watch
- NYSE trades windows for cost savings – GlobeSt.com
- Scenes from a trading floor – AP
In the foreground of the AP photo is Gordon Charlop, who like me is a big fan of Yankee great Don Mattingly (pictured).
- The Second Second Date Story – Tod Kelly/The League of Ordinary Gentlemen (Hat tip FT Alphaville)
On a gray Thursday here, why not brighten things with a love story.
- On this date in 1997, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 554.26 points, triggering circuit breakers that forced the market to close for the first time since the 1981 attempted assassination of President Ronald Reagan. - NYT
More on the 1997 event in a separate post, hopefully later today.
Elsewhere on the Exchanges blog: